National Residence Hall Honorary—Meliora Chapter
The National Residence Hall Honorary, a branch of the National Association of College and University Residence Halls is the only nationwide organization that exclusively recognizes leaders in the residence halls. Membership to NRHH is limited to 1% of the top student leaders within an institution’s residence halls.
Online applications are now open and due Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:59pm. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified shortly thereafter.
- Basic requirements:
- Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Must have lived in the Residence Halls for 1 year (Freshmen can apply)
- Demonstrated positive contributions to the residence hall community
- Membership requirements will be measured by a point system:
- Members are required to cumulate 15 points per semester
- 11 points must be obtained through:
- Training (2 points)
- Community service project (2 points)
- Attending a minimum of 4 chapter meetings (1 point each)
- Writing 3 OTM recognition nominations (1 point each)
- Other ways to gain remaining points:
- Attending additional chapter meetings (1 point each)
- Writing OTM recognition nominations (1 point each)
- Active committee leadership and participation (4 points each)
- Active participation in other chapter initiatives as developed by members (2 points each)
- Benefits of NRHH membership:
- Recognition as a top leader in the UR residence halls
- Ability to write membership of the National Residence Hall Honorary, as affiliated with the National Association of College and University Residence Halls on a resume
- Active members will be eligible for honor cords at commencement
- Ability to vote in chapter meetings
- Opportunity for leadership positions within NRHH
- A way to give back to your residence hall community through recognition, leadership and service
Application for Membership
- Completed online application form including short answer questions.
- A resume submitted by Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:59pm to email@example.com. Please put your name in the subject line. Your resume should feature your participation in student organizations and activities at the University of Rochester and should specifically highlight your leadership roles (if applicable), accomplishments and participation from your time in the UR residence halls.
- A completed reference form submitted by Tuesday January 22, 2013 at 5:00pm. The reference should be completed by a Residential Life staff member which may include your RA, CA, D’Lion, Freshman Fellow, GHR, AC or another residential life professional staff member.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.