University of Rochester


For brief bio's about the UHS primary care providers, please check UHS Physicians or UHS Nurse Practitioners.

If you do not remember the name of your primary care provider, you can call UHS at 275-2662 to check.

Please send questions about the technical structure/operation to the UHS Web Master
Last modified: Monday, 12-Mar-2012 13:36:58 EDT

University Health Service (UHS)

UHS Health Care Providers

To provide our patients with high quality care as efficiently as possible, all full-time students are assigned a UHS health care provider (physicians and nurse practitioners) as their primary care provider (PCP). Seeing the same staff member at the University Health Service whenever you need health care will lead to a more personal and effective interaction. You are welcome to change your primary care provider if you wish, or you may see any other UHS staff member upon request.

Health Care Visits with Your PCP

When you call to schedule an appointment at UHS, the receptionist will offer you an appointment with your primary care provider (PCP). If your PCP is not available at a time that fits your schedule, you may ask to be scheduled with someone else. Female students who need a routine gynecological examination should consider making an appointment with our health nurse practitioner who specializes in women's health. Your PCP also provides women's health care services.

Scheduling an Appointment

Call 275-2662 to schedule an appointment. Visits to the University Health Service are by appointment. Your appointment can be scheduled at any one of our three clinical offices by calling this number. UHS has offices on the River Campus, in the Medical Center, and at the Eastman School of Music. The mandatory health fee that all full-time students pay covers the cost of your visits to the University Health Service.

When UHS is Closed

A UHS physician is on-call after hours and available by phone (585-275-2662) to discuss urgent health problems that may occur when UHS offices are closed. During the school year, our office on the River Campus is open seven days a week. Monday through Thursday the office is open until 9:00 p.m. See Locations & Hours for specifics.

For more information, check Basics About UHS, Student Services, or Employee Services. To schedule an appointment at UHS, call 585-275-2662.