University of Rochester

Please send questions about the technical structure/operation to the UHS Web Master
Last modified: Tuesday, 25-Jul-2017 12:14:43 EDT

University Health Service (UHS)

Employee Services

Personal Health Care

Employees and other members of the University community are welcome to choose a UHS physician as their primary care physician (PCP).

PLEASE NOTE: The University Health Service is currently not accepting new patients
other than University of Rochester full-time students, residents, and fellows.

For assistance finding a new primary care provider (PCP),

Occupational Health Services (For Non-hospital Based Employees)

UHS works to improve the health and safety of the University community. For information about occupational health services offered by the University Health Service for non-hospital based employees…

Occupational Health Services (For Hospital-based Employees)

Occupational and Environmental Medicine (OEM) provides occupational health services for hospital-based employees and employees who have a blood borne pathogen exposure (e.g., needle stick, eye splash). Contact OEM at 487-1000 or

Respirator Fit Testing (For Employees who may be required to wear a respirator)

Employees required to wear a tight-fitting face piece respirator must be fit tested. A respirator fit test is an assessment to assure the respirator will fit properly. Before being respirator fit tested you must review the UR General Respirator Training at Call Environmental Health and Safety's Occupational Safety Unit at 585-275-3241 with questions.