Health Promotion Office
Zzzzs to As Sleep Challenge
Are you sleepy all day but then can’t shut your brain off at night? Need caffeine to stay awake in class? Feeling irritable, stressed, and can’t concentrate?
Many students struggle to get a good night’s sleep, which can lead to decreased focus, memory impairment, and increased stress. In fact, about 25% of Rochester students report their academic performance was adversely affected by sleep in the last 12 months.
Time to start catching those Zzzzs at night and turning them into As in the classroom!
Our online program provides students with practical tips and strategies to calm the mind for a better night’s sleep. The 21-day challenge includes:
- An online presentation covering the science and physiology of sleep, as well as sleep challenges common to college students.
- Informational emails about sleep & diet, caffeine & alcohol consumption, technology use, and environmental factors that disrupt sleep.
- Relaxation and mindfulness training.
- Simple & practical tips.
- Sleep logs and other helpful tracking tools.
- Free nap kit & sleep makeover assessment with one of our Peer Health Advocates.
Registration for this online program is open all year and students can begin any time. To sign up, visit our registration page. (If you are a UR Varsity Athlete, register here.) Upon registration you will receive an email to complete a sleep questionnaire. After that, participants will benefit from motivational quick tips (sent approximately every three days) and educational emails (sent once per week).