Please consider downloading the latest version of Internet Explorer
to experience this site as intended.
Tools Search Main Menu
UHS Site Menu

University Health Service

FAQs for Part-Time Students

Q: What immunizations are required?
 Students must meet the New York State and University of Rochester immunization requirements. The mandatory immunizations for part time students are:

  1. Two doses of live measles vaccine,
  2. One dose of mumps vaccine, and
  3. One does of rubella vaccine.

Please note: MMR (measles, mumps & rubella) vaccine may be used to satisfy a single dose of measles, mumps and rubella.

Doses must be on or after the first birthday and at least 30 days apart. Please refer to Immunization Requirements for more information about the immunization requirement.

Q: Can I get my form online?
 If you are a part time student (less than 12 credit hours), you can print the Immunization Compliance Report  from this site.

Q: Lab report for Titers?
 If you have titers (blood drawn) for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), we must have the actual lab report that says you have a positive reading. Please include the lab report with your Immunization Compliance Report form. Students with a negative titer are required to receive the immunization(s) for that disease.

Q: Does my doctor need to sign my Immunization Compliance Report? Where can I get my immunization records?
 We must have official documentation of your immunizations; however, this does not always mean that your doctor must sign the form. If you have official immunization documentation from your school or from your healthcare provider’s office, we can accept that documentation in place of a physician’s signature on your Immunization Compliance Report. You still need to fill out parts 1-3 of the Immunization Compliance Report. The official immunization documentation from your past school or healthcare provider will serve as the physician’s signature, showing proof of the dates that you entered onto the form.

Q: Can I turn in my form after the deadline? I cannot schedule an appointment with my doctor until after the due date.
 Our goal is to receive the majority of forms from incoming students by June 30 for the fall semester (December 31 for students beginning in January). If you cannot make the deadline, please send your form as soon as you can. Do not send your immunization records prior to sending the Immunization Compliance Report.

Q: I am a current UR employee. What do I need to do? Do you already have my immunization records?
 Even though you are a current UR employee, being an employee and a student are looked at separately in the eyes of New York State laws for immunization verification. Occupational Environmental Medicine (OEM) deals with employee medical records while UHS (University Health Service) deals with records for students. Due to HIPPA regulations, OEM and UHS are not allowed to cross reference medical information. The employee/student must do this process themselves. You can call OEM at 585-487-1000 to request your immunization information. Please do not have OEM fax your immunization records to UHS. Once you have your immunization records from OEM, you need to fill out the Immunization Compliance Report. When you submit the form to UHS, please include the OEM paperwork as documentation of your immunization history. You will not need to have a doctor sign the form.

Q: If I cannot complete my immunizations before I come to school, what should I do?
 You can receive your immunizations at UHS after you come to campus. Call 585-275-2662 to schedule an appointment. Please let the receptionist know you would like to complete your immunization requirement. It will be billed to your insurance plan. You will be responsible for payment if it is not covered by your insurance plan. You may be subject to Health History Form late fees if you complete the immunizations after the start of classes.

Q: How do I know if you received my Immunization Compliance Report or if anything is missing?
 Due to the large number of forms received, we do not send a confirmation to let you know your form has been received. We will notify students whose forms are incomplete or have not been received within 30 days of the start of classes. Please always check your spam email. We suggest that you make a copy of the Immunization Compliance Report and your immunization records to keep for yourself before sending the form and a copy of your immunization records to UHS.

Q: Can I email a scanned copy or fax a copy of my form?
 If you are a part-time student, you can submit the form via a scanned copy in an email or by fax. If you e-mail or fax your form, the $30.00 processing fee will be assessed by the Bursars Office and will appear on your tuition billing statement. Send by email to or by fax to (585) 756-0263.