Sexual Assault and Dating Violence
Am I making my relationship unhealthy?
Yes, you may be putting your partner in an unhealthy situation if . . .
- You are jealous.
- You sulk silently when upset.
- You have an explosive temper.
- You criticize and put your partner down.
- You have difficulty expressing your feelings.
- You drink heavily or use drugs.
- You are overly protective of your partner to the point of being controlling.
- You feel you must manage your partner's behavior, friends and decisions.
- You have broken things, thrown things at your partner, hit, shoved, or kicked your partner.
- You were physically or emotionally abused as a child.
- You have a parent who abused the other parent.
- You think you need to know where your current or past partner is 100% of the time.
- You pressure your partner for sex.