Sexual Assault and Dating Violence
Preventing Sexual Assault
Drinking, Club Drugs, and Unwanted Sexual Activity
Date rape drugs may have been used if your friend says . . .
- They were with people they knew so they didn't think they needed to be cautious or watch their drinks.
- They only drank a little, but became drunk or incapacitated much more quickly than ever before.
- They were somewhat aware of what was going on around them, but felt listless or paralyzed and unable to do anything to stop the incident.
- They have no idea how they got from place "A" to place "B".
- When they woke up, they discovered that they didn't know what had happened.
- They got more physically ill than usual the following day after drinking only a few drinks the night before.
- They were drinking at a club that evening.
- They have lost a span of time and cannot remember what happened from time "X" to time "Y".
- They accepted a drink that was mixed or poured by someone else.
- They left a drink unattended.
No Matter What It's Called . . .
- Roche, $-2, Rib, Rope, Mind Eraser, Forget Pill
- G, Liquid X, Liquid E, Scoop, Soap, Gook, Grievous Bodily Harm, Georgia Home Boy, Natural Sleep-500, Easy Lay, Gamma 10, Energy Drink
- XTC, X, Adam, Clarity, Lover's Speed
Regardless of whether it's a beer, a mixed drink, or something that someone put into a drink . . .
IT'S STILL RAPE TO THE VICTIM
Keeping Yourself Safe...
NO ONE IS IMMUNE FROM THIS PROBLEM
- Have fun and keep a clear head.
- If you choose to drink, drink responsibly and don't use club drugs.
- Trust your friends when they tell you it's time to go home with them, no matter how much fun you are having.
- Even though you may be interested in getting to know someone better, do it when you have a clear head and can make decisions about keeping yourself safe.