University Health Service (UHS)
Health Promotion Office
Students Wanting Alcohol Responsibly Monitored
SWARM IS …
- a peer facilitated event management training for organizations that will be hosting events with alcohol.
- designed to educate participants on UR alcohol-related policy and guidelines for event management planning.
- focused on providing an opportunity for participants to build skills necessary for effectively hosting safer events.
- interactive and participant-focused, including conversations around checking IDs, crowd control, serving alcohol, fire safety, and active bystander techniques; and
- used to provide safer drinking strategies for individuals who choose to drink.
SWARM training is appropriate for fraternities, special interest housing, and/or any student group hosting an event with alcohol.
SWARM Training Dates – Spring 2017 Semester
Training sessions are 1½ hours long. Trainings are held in Room 220 in the UHS Building. Pre-registration is required. (Please note: Training sessions may be cancelled if fewer than five students are registered.)
- Mondays, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:00-9:30 p.m.
To Register for SWARM Training:
For General Alcohol and Other Drug Education Programming
(outside of event management training)
Find additional resources and links at: