New to UR Financials? Click here for an introduction to the UR Financials website
Five months of using the UR Financials system has illuminated how to refine reports and implement additional features making them easier to use. This Summer we continue reporting improvement efforts through a series of reporting enhancement design sessions. These will be conducted with a select focus group dedicated to improving UR Financials reports.
Reporting modifications and simplified report retrieval structures (Worklets) approved from these sessions will be communicated to all users every 1-2 weeks within the UR Financials Newsletter. Once reports are finalized, training materials will be updated to reflect approved enhancements.
For more on the progress of this effort, information will continue to be provided in upcoming User Group meetings held the third Wednesday of every month. The next User Group meeting will be held on July 15th. More details will be published soon on how to participate.
Certified users have completed the following:
- Have a Workday Access Form submitted and approved
- Completed all necessary training
- This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning in Blackboard
- AND the Non Company Level Reporting class for non company level users.
- Passed all necessary training assessments in Blackboard
- This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning assessment
- AND the Non Company Level Reporting test for non company level users.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Project Champion.
Please join us for the first UR Financials User Group meeting. This group has been created to inform, discuss, and share UR Financials practice with one another for continued learning and support. May’s meeting will focus on UR Financials Communications and Reporting.
Please, sign-up here to participate in person, or remotely on:
May 20th from 1:30 – 2:30 PM. (This group meets once a month)
For those partaking in the meeting via WebEx – click here, and enter your name and e-mail if prompted.
The meeting password is: Workday24
Conference call info is included below:
Dial in: 1-888-330-3581; Access Code: 6534022
Meeting agenda is posted below:
- Project Announcement and Accomplishments
- Reporting Workshops
- UR Financials Communications
- Financial Close Notifications
- UR Financials Functionality Enhancements
- Upcoming Events
Presentation materials will be accessible through this link.
Additional Reporting Workshops are being offered in May to active users in the UR Financials production system.
If you would like hands-on support and practice running reports in the production environment, sign up for any of these 2 hour sessions. Each are designed to be interactive and answer questions you may have on common financial reports in the UR Financials system.
A copy of the presentation slide deck can be downloaded from our Support > Workshops page.
To continue UR Financials learning, new and updated Quick Reference Cards (QRC) can be found on the Training Materials page.
New/Recently Updated Quick Reference Cards:
- View Supplier Payments (Find Payment Report): Quick Reference Card for Company and Non Company Level users – new item
- Award Budgetary Balance Report: Quick Reference Card – updated
- FAO Activity Summary by Months Report: Quick Reference Card – updated
- NCL_Basics_Reporting_QRC: Quick Reference Card – updated
These pdf documents have been designed to provide brief, step by step guidance on commonly performed tasks and reports. Updates are based on feedback from users and updates to the UR Financials system. New QRCs are being developed for common reports and frequently asked questions.
Look for more Quick Reference Cards to come on the Training Materials page.
Your Workday Inbox viewing has slightly changed. No longer will an arrow be used to select and view your entire message.
Now your message will automatically appear to the right of the screen once selected from your Inbox.
- To expand the message view, select the Full screen Viewing Mode icon (double headed arrow) next to the gear Actions icon
- Select the icon once more (toggle) to return the message size to its original size
For more tips, please visit the Tips and Tricks section of the UR Financials Newsletter emailed to users every Friday.
Worklets on the My Workday 2.0 home page allows for quick access to your favorite links. The My Workday 2.0 home page has undergone some recent changes listed below:
- Only allows up to five (5) Worklets to show at one time for all users
- Now automatically includes the Grant Management Dashboard for Grant users
If more than 5 Worklets are configured on the My Workday 2.0 page, please prioritize the Worklets selected to only show the five needed. If you have more than five listed, the remaining Worklets will not appear.
To do this, Configure Worklets to modify the type and order as you would like them to appear on your My Workday 2.0 page. This includes the Grant Management Dashboard that has been automatically provided to all Grant users now in Worklet form.
Classes for this implementation’s training rollout are running until mid-February, 2015. To get access to our new financial system and learn how to run reports against financial transactions, sign up for the class today!
- UR Financials Non Company Level Reporting class. Required for UR Financials access. Seating is limited to one registration per person with either a half-day, or full-day session option.
TIP: If your session is not available, but a seat for the day is, sign up for that open spot and in the comments, list if you would need to stay the “FULL DAY”, or “HALF DAY”
- Excel for UR Financials. Optional, 2 hour class
Remember: Training Certification is required for access to the UR Financials system.
To gain access to UR Financials the following MUST be completed:
- Have a Workday Access Form submitted
- Passed all necessary training assessments in Blackboard.
- This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning
- AND the Non Company Level Reporting class tests for non company level users.
After this Training rollout, NCL Report training will be offered again on a monthly basis starting this Spring.
We hope you enjoy class.
Confirmation of your UR Financials training certification is being announced through the Certified Users list on our UR Financials login page. This list shows users who are certified for access to the Workday system.
This list is being updated daily as many are becoming certified and gain access to the financial system every day. View the list after you pass your Non Company Level Reporting class assessment to see if you are marked as certified for access.
Once you see you name posted, please allow 1-2 days for processing before you log into the UR Financials system. Remember, you log in is the same as your HRMS NET ID and password.
For several months, training has been offered to prepare you for the transition to our new financial system and we continue to offer training such as; UR Financials eLearning, Forms video training and instructor led reporting classes with training materials included.
To further enhance your learning experience after you have experience on UR Financials (Workday), we are offering two types of workshops post go live, January 5th. These include Reporting Workshops and Tools Workshops.
If you feel you need more hands on support after you explore your financial data in the production environment and practice the recommended self support suggestions, sign up for one of these sessions. Choose the workshop that meets your needs.
Need access to the new financial system, or think you should? Remember, training certification includes taking and passing both the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning AND the Non Company Level Reporting class for non company level users.
Certification to access UR Financials for non-company level users requires the following items to be completed:
- Has a current COGNOS account, or Workday Access Form submitted
- Taken training and passed all necessary training assessments in Blackboard. This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning AND the Non Company Level Reporting class tests for non company level users.
- Submitted an approved COGNOS Security Verification Report
To check your grades in Blackboard for UR Financials Certification, follow these quick instructions.
It’s important to be aware of your grades for any UR Financials course in Blackboard. Grades of an 80% or higher are necessary to fulfill training prerequisites and certification for the UR Financials system which goes live on Monday, January 5th.
How to Check your Grades in Blackboard:
- Inside the Blackboard system, in the upper right corner of your screen, select the dropdown arrow next to your name
- Then chose the Grade icon on the left navigation of the dropdown menu.
This will take you to the My Grades page detailing all your grades in Blackboard. Here is where you will find your UR Financials course grades as well.
If you received an 80% or higher on your assessments, congratulations – you have passed! If you have not passed, and used all your attempts, please Contact Us.
To prepare for accessing your financial transactions using UR Financials, don’t forget to sign up for the UR Financials Non Company Level Reporting class. Seating is limited to one registration per person with either a half-day, or full-day session option.
NOTE: If you don’t have a COGNOS account currently, you will need to request access to UR Financials before you take any training, or assessments.
Below are the prerequisites for class:
- Having a current COGNOS account, or completing the UR Financials Workday Access form
- Completing the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning course
- Passing the required Introduction to UR Financials Assessment with a grade of 80% is required prior to registering for this class
- Submitting your approved COGNOS Security Verification report with appropriate signatures to your Divisional Finance lead. Details can be found on the UR Financials Access page
Remember, these are mandatory prerequisites and need to be completed before taking class. We hope you enjoy class.