What is the Senior Gift Campaign?
The Senior Giving Campaign is the beginning of a lifelong tradition of annually supporting what matters most to us at the University of Rochester. Each and every gift is important, helping both our fellow students now and future Yellowjackets.
What is our goal?
This year, the Class of 2018 aims to reach 60% class participation or more. Our hope is to surpass the Class of 2017, which holds the record for the highest participation rate at 58.6%.
Why should I give?
- To show your appreciation for the academic department, athletic team, student organization, etc. that has shaped your experience at the University of Rochester.
- To pay it forward to future UR students. Philanthropic support provides scholarships for students who need financial assistance and additional budget to areas of campus life.
- To increase the value of your degree. Publications such as U.S. News & World Report factor in rates of undergraduate alumni donor participation when determining national rankings.
- To make a difference. Any amount counts!
Isn’t my tuition enough?
On average, yearly tuition runs out in March. Philanthropic support helps to supplement costs for the remainder of the academic year and plays a vital role in creating a high quality experience for all Rochester students.
What are the benefits of giving?
In recognition of your support and commitment, each donor will receive invitations to special “Donor Only” events, an exclusive Class of 2018 lapel pin to wear with your cap and gown at Commencement, entry into special raffles, and much more!
Where can I direct my gift?
There are a wide range of areas within the University to choose from, including academic departments, undergraduate scholarships, athletics, study abroad, student organizations, community organizations and so much more. And the best part is, you get to choose where you want to make a difference!
How much should I give?
As the act of giving is most important, our focus is on participation. In honor of our class, we suggest a gift of $20.18, but a gift of any size makes a difference.
- How do I give?
What happens after we graduate?
Commencement may mark the end of our undergraduate experience, but our relationship with the University of Rochester will last the rest of our lives. Below are a few ways you can stay involved and give back after graduation:
- Join The Meliora Collective and the University of Rochester Alumni group on LinkedIn, and follow the University of Rochester Alumni Facebook page and University of Rochester Alumni Instagram account.
- Attend a happy hour, networking reception, or community service event organized by the Young Alumni Council.
- Share your time and talent with the University by joining our community of volunteers.
- Come back to campus for your Zero Year Reunion at Meliora Weekend, October 4–7, 2018.
- Make a gift to the annual fund and become a member of Rochester Loyal.
A partner and global head of principal funding and investment at Goldman Sachs and Company in New York City, Sundaram received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Simon Business School. He has supported the Goldman Sachs Scholars Fund at Simon, helped sponsor the school’s New York City Conference, and as a volunteer, has made several keynote presentations at Simon events and activities.
Read About Other Alumni