What is the senior gift campaign?
This year's senior gift campaign—the Forever Better Challenge—marks a significant milestone of our senior year and the beginning of a lifelong tradition of annually supporting what matters to us most at the University of Rochester. Each and every gift is important, and serves as our commitment to the University and creates a legacy by supporting future students.
What is our goal?
Our goal is to have 50% of our class donate to the Forever Better Challenge. The Class of 2015 achieved 41% and the Class of 2014 garnered 48% - we're confident that 2016 can do even better!
Why should I give?
- To show your appreciation for the academic department, athletic team, student organization, etc. that has shaped your experience at the University of Rochester.
- To pay it forward to future UR students. Philanthropic support supplements tuition costs for 88% of Rochester students who receive financial aid.
- To increase the value of your degree. Publications such as U.S. News & World Report factor in rates of undergraduate alumni donor participation when determining national rankings.
- To make a difference. Any amount counts!
Isn’t my tuition enough?
On average, yearly tuition runs out in March. Philanthropic support helps to supplement costs for the remainder of the academic year and plays a vital role in creating a high quality experience for all Rochester students.
What are the benefits of giving?
In recognition of your support and commitment, each donor to the Forever Better Challenge will receive an invitation to a special "Donor Only" event hosted by University Trustee Gwen Greene '65, an exclusive Class of 2016 lapel pin to proudly wear with your cap and gown at Commencement, entry into special raffles, and much more!
Where can I direct my gift?
There are a wide range of areas within the University to choose from, including academic departments, undergraduate scholarships, athletics, study abroad, student organizations, community organizations and so much more. And the best part is, you get to choose where you want to make a difference!
How much should I give?
Our focus is on participation as the act of giving is what’s important. In honor of our class we suggest a gift of $20.16; however a gift of any size makes a difference.
How do I give?
You can give online now here or stop by the Forever Better Challenge table in Wilson Commons - look for the Forever Better Challenge banner!
What happens after we graduate?
Commencement may mark the end of our undergraduate experience, but our relationship with the University of Rochester will last the rest of our lives. Below are a few ways you can stay involved and give back after graduation:
- Join the University of Rochester Alumni group on LinkedIn, follow the University of Rochester Alumni Facebook page, and the University of Rochester Alumni Instagram account.
- Attend a happy hour, networking reception, or community service event organized by the Young Alumni Council.
- Help recruit the next freshman class by conducting interviews, staffing college fairs, and more as a UR Involved volunteer.
- Come back to campus for your Zero Year Reunion at Meliora Weekend, October 6-9, 2016.
- Make a gift to the annual fund and become a member of Rochester Loyal.
A partner and global head of principal funding and investment at Goldman Sachs and Company in New York City, Sundaram received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Simon Business School. He has supported the Goldman Sachs Scholars Fund at Simon, helped sponsor the school’s New York City Conference, and as a volunteer, has made several keynote presentations at Simon events and activities.
Read About Other Alumni