The Student Alumni Ambassadors are a select group of undergraduate students who serve as liaisons within the University alumni community, offering insights into current student culture and sharing their personal Rochester experience. The Student Alumni Ambassador program builds relationships among students and alumni and fosters pride in the University of Rochester.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with on-campus, local, and regional alumni events, including: Meliora Weekend, presidential and George Eastman Circle events, student-alumni networking and other career-related events, alumni social gatherings, prospective and legacy family events, and current student events.
- Represent the current student body in University publications and communications.
- Conduct campus tours for alumni prospects, donors, and new Advancement staff.
- Assist with thanking alumni donors by making phone calls, cards or letters, and videos.
- Provide the current student perspective when meeting with alumni prospects and donors, prospective and incoming families, and Advancement staff.
- Inform other undergraduates of the University's alumni community and the services offered by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Opportunities to acquire and sharpen leadership and communication skills while making personal and professional contacts.
- Unique access to alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
- Invitations to exclusive programs and events.
- Potential opportunities to travel on behalf of the University.
- Opportunity to attend an annual professional conference designed specifically for students in ambassador-like programs.
- Remain in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Attend an annual spring orientation and at least one of two monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 10 volunteer hours (by assisting with various events/activities) per year, in addition to 8 hours during Meliora Weekend.
- Participate in the Senior Giving Campaign as a senior.
- Be an advocate for the SAA program and the Office of Alumni Relations among alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and students.
Let us know why you would make a great addition to the SAA team! Click here to complete an interest form and we'll let you know when the next application window is open.
For questions, please contact Melissa Waughtel, Assistant Director of Senior Class Engagement and Giving, at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Student Alumni Ambassadors directly from the student participants and hear about other ambassador programs at Eastman School of Music and the School of Medicine and Dentistry.