Skip to main content

Policies & Procedures


College Credit for Prior Coursework

The University prefers that its entering first years take all their courses from Rochester faculty. With the exception of Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate work, the University normally does not grant college credit for secondary school coursework nor for courses taught in a secondary school by its own faculty for college credit.

Credit may be granted for prior coursework completed with grades of C or better at an accredited college or university. Upon receipt of an official transcript and course descriptions from the college where the student was enrolled, the coursework will be evaluated to determine if it is equivalent to coursework offered through the College at the University of Rochester. Students wishing to receive credit for such college work, or who are now considering taking college courses elsewhere, should ask the College Center for Advising Services, (585) 275-2354, for advice about credit transfer and/or selection of courses.

For students in the School of Nursing, course transfer questions should be directed to the Office of Student Affairs, (585) 275-2375.

Return to Admissions Policies

 | AP & Int'l Baccalaureate Credit