Get involved on campus! Professional societies and project-based clubs definitely look good on a resume. More importantly, they provide an opportunity to develop relevant skills and show commitment to your field.
Why Join a Professional Society or Campus Club?
- Build your network – connect with peers, professionals and mentors
- Career resources – job boards, career fairs, conference and job fair attendance
- Field knowledge – access to journals, white papers, and newsletters
- Gain skills – project-based clubs help build your technical, leadership and teamwork skills
Sample Professional Societies and Campus Groups
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Physics Students (SPS)
- Women in Computing (WiC)
Sample Project-Based Clubs
- Baja SAE
- UR Robotics
- Engineers Without Borders
This is not an exhaustive list! To see the full list of student organizations on campus, visit the Student Organizations page.