Strong Candidate Profile
Check out our career competencies infographic to understand the skills that will make you career ready!
- Abilities and knowledge acquired through class work, research, internships, and independent projects
- Relevant coding and software skills
- Hands-on skills such as laboratory techniques, equipment, machine shop, etc.
- Proficiency in written, oral, and electronic communication
- Skills in addressing multiple audiences, including peers, management, and clients
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in an accessible way to non-technical audiences
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Skills in identifying, assessing, and analyzing complex problems
- Ability to organize one’s thoughts and present a well-reasoned argument
Teamwork, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated experience as an effective member of a team or group leader
- Conflict resolution skills
- 3.0 minimum GPA is typical for competitive opportunities