Just because you've graduated doesn't mean that we can't help you. As a Rochester alum, you still have access to the various resources and services provided by the Greene Center far beyond graduation.
The resources section of our website has a number of tools to provide guidance on everything from resumes and cover letters, to networking advice and tips to help you prepare for your next interview. You can also stay connected through community networking events by regularly checking our calendar.
As an alum, you can take advantage of the following resources to help you stay connected to the University community!
The Meliora Collective is an online platform for alumni, students, and the University of Rochester community that fosters professional exploration. The Collective is the best way for alumni to create connections with fellow Yellowjackets.
Career Communities at the University of Rochester are a way to connect with people, information, and resources to explore interests and connect to potential opportunities. We encourage you to explore multiple career communities that align with your interests, goals, and career plans. To receive customized information on what matters to you, complete your “career clusters” section in Handshake.
The University of Rochester has partnered with Sokanu to provide you with an inspiring, innovative and complete career discovery platform. Sokanu's interactive, engaging 30-minute assessment matches you to our current database of over 800 careers.
Handshake is an amazing way for you to explore job and internship opportunities. Customizing your Handshake profile allows you to receive access to information that is relevant and timely based on your career interests and experiences. You can also apply for jobs, find relevant career articles, and sign up for networking events and workshops within Handshake. Follow the instructions below to access your Handshake account.
If you graduated May of 2013 - present:
- Go to http://rochester.joinhandshake.com.
- If you remember your NetID and password, you can login through the NetID option.
- If you do not remember your NetID and password, enter your UR email address and then click the “UR Alumni Job Seekers & Administrators” option and then click “forgot password” to set up a password. This information will be sent to your UR email address.
- If you would like to update your username and email address to something OTHER than your UR email address, please submit a support ticket to Handshake.
If you graduated prior to May of 2013:
- Go to http://rochester.joinhandshake.com
- Enter your current active email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) and click “I am a student/alumni”
- Click “Register New Account” and enter your information
- Once you have created your account, please email Michelle Marks-Hook with the email address you registered with and your graduation year so we can authorize your account! Your account will be activated within one business day in most cases.
You can stay connected through the Office of Alumni Relations by meeting with career coaches, signing up for career conversation webinars, and connecting with Rochester alumni through networking events throughout the world.