We recognize the unique career development needs of master’s and doctoral students, as well as postdoctoral fellows. These include support for the transition to a career outside of academia and access to employers seeking graduate-level candidates. The Greene Center can help you with:
- Career Advising: Work with a career advisor who specializes in your field on goal setting, job or internship search, or applying for further study.
- Collaboration Hours: Visit our office to speak with a staff member or a peer career advisor. Collaboration Hours are perfect for an initial resume or cover letter review, and no appointment is necessary.
- Workshops: Learn about a variety of topics such as resumé and cover letter writing, networking and interviewing. Our calendar contains a list of upcoming workshops.
- Career Fairs: Meet face-to-face with employers at one of our career fairs.
- On-Campus Interviews: You can apply through Handshake for an interview with employers who visit campus throughout the year.
- The Job Search: Our toolkit has a number of resources related to resumé writing, cover letters, networking and job search best-practices.
Health Science and Biomedical PhD students exploring employment outside of academia can also join the UR BEST Program.