We recognize the unique career development needs of master’s and doctoral students, as well as postdoctoral fellows. These include support for the transition to a career outside of academia and access to employers seeking graduate-level candidates. The Greene Center can help you with:
- Career Advising: Work with a career advisor who specializes in your field on goal setting, job or internship search, or applying for further study. Login to your Handshake account to schedule an appointment with one of our Advisors.
- Collaboration Hours: Visit our office between 1 - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday to speak with a staff member or a peer career advisor. Collaboration Hours are perfect for an initial resume or cover letter review, and no appointment is necessary.
- Workshops & Events: Learn about a variety of topics such as resumé and cover letter writing, networking and interviewing. Our calendar contains a list of upcoming workshops.
- Career Fairs: Meet face-to-face with employers at one of our career expos.
- On-Campus Interviews: You can apply through Handshake for an interview with employers who visit campus throughout the year.
- The Job Search: The resources section of our website contains numerous self-directed materials geared towards resume writing, cover letters, networking and everything else related to your job search.
Health Science and Biomedical PhD students exploring employment outside of academia can also join the UR BEST Program.