Department of English



Minors are offered in English Literature, in Writing (with two separate tracks: Creative Writing or Journalism), and in Theater. All four minors require a minimum of six courses, five of which must be taken while at the University of Rochester. No more than two courses in one's major may overlap with the minor. Under certain circumstances, it is possible for students who are majoring in one of the English tracks to complete an English minor in another area. Students wishing to minor in Creative Writing should contact the Creative Writing Advisor. For all other minors, students should contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies.