Computers - 2015 Faculty Loan Program
For further assistance:
The aim of the faculty short-term loan program is to enhance research presentations, instructional sessions, lectures and other academic-related activities.
Similarly, iPads are available for educational experimentation - intended to be used to further integrate technology into the research/teaching process.
Equipment for Short-Term Loan
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro
- Dell Laptop
Short-Term Loan Period
- Typical short-term loan periods are 3 days.
- iPads are available for curriculum experimentation purposes for up to 14 days.
Who Can Request Equipment
- Faculty (tenured, adjunct, visiting)
- Graduate student (in support of faculty)
- Teaching assistant (in support of faculty) Faculty support personnel; for example:
- Laboratory technician
- Department administrator
- The requester is encouraged to reserve equipment 48-hours in advance of the loan need by completing the Short-Term Faculty Loan Form.
- The requester (or someone authorized to accept the equipment on behalf of the requester) should go to the IT Center to sign-out and receive the reserved equipment.
- At the end of the loan period the requester (or someone authorized to return the equipment on behalf of the requester) should go to the IT Center to sign-in/return the equipment.
After receiving the loan item, the requesting faculty member and/or the individuals submitting the request will:
- Assume full responsibility for the equipment including damage and repair costs
- Not allow anyone else to utilize the equipment
- Never leave the equipment unattended
- Return the equipment to the provided transport container (i.e. carrying bag) during transport and when the item is not in use
- Return the equipment in the same condition as when it was loaned including all accessories and peripherals
- Return the equipment on the designated date before 5 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I reserve equipment?
- What if I cannot return the equipment on time?
- Notify the AS&E Faculty Loan Support Staff if you will be late in returning the equipment.
- How do I receive/pick-up the loan item?
- Go to the IT Center to receive and return equipment.
- Where can I find help with the equipment?
- Contact the AS&E Faculty Loan Support Staff (email).
- When can I expect a response after I submit my request?
- During business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) your request will be acknowledged the same day.