Graduate Visitation Program
Arts, Sciences and Engineering and the School of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Rochester will be hosting a two-day graduate school visitation program targeted towards undergraduate students (Seniors, class of 2015) who are low-income, first-generation college, or members of underrepresented minority groups, and who have expressed an interest in graduate training in the fields in which the University of Rochester offers a Ph.D.
Selected participants will have an opportunity to meet with faculty members in their field of interest, network with current graduate students, and learn about the University of Rochester. All participants will be provided with round trip travel, all meals, and will be housed with current graduate or undergraduate students. Applications will be accepted from students interested in our Ph.D. programs. Our Ph.D. programs are listed on the right hand side of the page.
September 11-13, 2014
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
- Complete the below application completely.
- All attachments must be submitted through Google Drive. Create a folder called "2014 Rochester GVP" and then paste the link to this folder in the application below. Right click on the folder and click “share.” Under "who has access" change the permissions to "Anyone who has the link can view" and then copy and paste the link.
- Required Attachments
- A copy of your most recent unofficial academic transcript
- A copy of your most recent curriculum vitae
- Your Statement of Purpose:
In an essay of no more than two pages, discuss why you would like to attend the University of Rochester. Include any relevant research experience you may have had. Please make mention of your research mentor and their title. Explain how participation in the University of Rochester Graduate School Visitation Program will fit into your long-range academic and professional plans.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. If you are a current McNair Scholar, one letter must be from your McNair
research mentor or program director. All recommendations must be emailed by the professor/recommendor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the program, please contact:
Graduate Recruitment and Retention Specialist