The College Prep Center at Franklin Campus
The College Prep Center on the Franklin High School Campus is a partnership of the University of Rochester's David T. Kearns Center for Leadership and Diversity in Arts, Sciences and Engineering and Office of Enrollment, Franklin High School.
The College Prep Center works to empower all students at Franklin High to realize their academic and career potentials through preparation for successful college enrollment. All students at Franklin will see themselves as potential college students, and have access to accurate and relevant information about the process of preparing for and successfully enrolling in college with appropriate financial aid and scholarship assistance.
The Center creates interactive programming to reach out to all students at Franklin High School. Programming takes place within the school and in the community. Partnerships with community members, local colleges, and business leaders allow for college and career immersion experiences. If you are interested in partnering with the College Prep Center for field trips or campus-wide events, please contact Kyvaughn Henry. The individual and group services we provide are as follows:
- Academic Advising
- Tutoring/Homework Help
- SAT Registration
- Career Exploration
- College Search
- College Application Assistance
- Regents Prep
- College Admissions Visits
- Area College Field Trips
- College Fairs
- Classroom Workshops
- Parent Engagement Workshops
- Career Fairs
- SAT Prep Course
The College Prep Center collaborates with teachers from all departments to provide resources and information to groups of students about the college-going process. Students in all grades benefit from these workshops because they learn how to critically examine their current academic standing as it relates to planning for a future career. Advisors tailor each workshop topic to the individual needs of the students and teachers we work with. If you’d like to partner with the College Prep Center for a workshop listed below, please contact Kyvaughn Henry.
Resources for Pre-College Students
- The College Board – Allows for high school students to conduct college searches, it provides information on SAT/ACT, tips on how to prepare for college, the college application process and timeline, advanced placement examinations, and scholarship search/financial aid information.
- The Education Planner- Covers preparing for college and timeline for high school seniors, college search and application, how to choose a college/university, career choice and how to write a resume.
- Peterson’s – Provides college timeline and preparation information, college search engine, preparing for entrance exams, and how to pay for school. Peterson’s includes information on majors and programs at colleges. In addition, there is information on admission essays and how to write an essay.
- College Bound E-profiles- Allows high schools scholars going to college to create a professional profile that allows the scholar to share information about them and also view other scholars. The website provides articles on college-going students.
- Next Step Magazine- An online magazine (find hard copies) that allows for college searches, college planning, career information, and contains articles with personal accounts from high school and college students.
- The Princeton Review- Website includes a college match/search, information on entrance examinations, and careers along with majors. There is a section dedicated to scholarship and financial aid information. There is a bookstore online that provides information on books with advice on college preparation.
- College Affordability Guide
Contact The CPC
Kyvaughn Henry, Coordinator
Franklin High School
585-262-8101 X2550 (School)