During the summer, the University of Rochester continues to offer the best of a top-tier research institution. But the summer sessions include other benefits, too. You can:
- Enroll in a variety of courses and activities, some only available during the summer session
- Take advantage of a lower student-faculty ratio
- Get ahead in your coursework
- Sample new and different courses to enhance your degree or gain additional professional skills
- Enjoy all that the beautiful River Campus has to offer, including libraries, study spaces, and research facilities
- Experience Upstate New York—from downtown Rochester to the Finger Lakes region—at its finest
Rochester Summer Sessions
Enjoy the River Campus and check out all that summer in Rochester has to offer while studying at a top-tier research institution. With four different summer sessions and a wide variety of courses, you can enjoy your summer and fit your classes into a schedule that works for you.
See our registration page for information on how to register for courses.
Rochester Summer Abroad
A summer program is a great way to get a taste of study abroad. Summer programs abroad are also a good option if you’re not able to fit a semester- or year-long study abroad program into your schedule. You may participate in a summer program abroad as early as the summer following your first year.
See the summer page on the education aboard site to learn more.
Rochester Pre-College Programs
Who do you want to be? Find out during the University of Rochester’s Pre-College Programs. These innovative programs have been enlightening young minds for over 20 years.
See the pre-college programs page for more information.