Summer 2016 has been abuzz with construction, and we have numerous updates to campus community locations.
The first and second-floor locations will be in operation at the start of the academic year. Third and fourth floors will be available following Meliora Weekend. Below are spaces in Douglass Commons*, and those listed in bold type may be reserved:
- Douglass Dining
- The Genesee Room
- Douglass Ballroom (Capacity ranges from 50 to 700 people dependent on room setup.)
- Information Desk
- Covered bridge to Wilson Commons
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center
- Language Center
- Computer Classroom (304)
- Green Room (301 B)
- Meditation Room (312)
- Ablution Rooms
- Lactation Room
- Public Lounge
- Meeting Rooms 302, 307, 308
- Covered bridge to Rush Rhees Library
- Community Kitchen (406)
- Community Room (407)
- Meliora Catering
- Meeting Rooms 401, 403, 404, 419, 420
Above images: 3rd floor meeting rooms, 4th floor rooms 401 & 403, 4th floor rooms 404 & 419, and the community kitchen
Card readers will be utilized in Douglass Commons and training will be required for use of the Community Kitchen. Building Manager staff will be present to help address questions.
* tentative name after renovations
A new Conference Room, 104, will be in operation when classes begin. Designed with enhanced technological capabilities to better serve media-based student organizations (including two installed LCD screens), this location may be requested through your Virtual EMS templates.
Locations have had flooring updates!
- Spurrier Den is newly equipped with a Marley floor to facilitate dance use. This room is also ideal for meetings with seating for 48 and installed technology.
- Spurrier Gym's freshly refinished floor precludes use of damaging footwear in the location.
- Spurrier Dance Studio has a new sprung floor to better accommodate permitted styles of shoeless dance.
The new Spurrier Building Manager staff, along with updated signage, will provide guidance for these locations.
If you miss the time deadline for the needed Virtual EMS template, you may inquire with the Building Manager in Wilson Commons, Douglass Commons, or Spurrier, or with the Service Desk Staff in O'Brien Hall, for a possible same-day reservation in their respective buildings.
We invite you to explore the renovated locations as they become available. More information and images will be provided as construction continues. If you have questions regarding these new and updated spaces, please contact Laura Ballou or Eric Howard.