Student Organization Annual Review (SOAR)
About the SOAR
Each year, the Students’ Association Government and Wilson Commons Student Activities jointly administer the Student Organization Annual Review or SOAR. The goal of the annual review is to ensure that student organizations are meeting expectations, that student organizations are assessing the activities they offer the campus, and for student organizations to provide feedback on resources needed to be successful. The SOAR evaluation is also used in the budgeting process. The period of time that is reviewed is January 2017 through December 2017.
In previous years, the SOAR has mostly consisted of a self-report by the student organization. This year, the review process has been expanded to include several other factors to ensure that a more comprehensive review can be conducted. These items include:
- Self-report submitted by student organization (Preview the questions HERE)
- Assessment forms
- Advisor feedback
- CCC site review (including but not limited to roster, documents, constitution, events, and community service hours)
- Fall Leadership training attendance
- Activities Fair attendance
- Storage reviews
- SAAC violations
- ARC violations including re-registration
In order to complete a more comprehensive review, the dates have been adjusted that normally have been associated with this process.
- ***NEW *** For this year, student organizations must submit their self-report by 11:59pm on December 5th, 2017.
- All assessment forms for the review period must be submitted by the last day of classes (December 13th). If organizations have a planned study break after December 13th, assessment forms for these study breaks are due by the last day of exams (December 22nd).
- The self-report questions will be available to preview online by Friday, November 3rd and the online form will be able to accept submissions beginning at 8pm on Wednesday, November 8th.
- Committees do not need to submit a separate self-report, but their activities should be included in the parent organization’s self-report. Assessment forms should still be completed by committees.
- Organizations who received preliminary status in the Fall 2017 semester do not need to submit a self-report.
- The self-report and other items will be evaluated during the spring semester and all student organizations will receive written feedback regarding their review.
Resources are available to assist student organizations leaders in completing their self-report and assessment forms:
- Primary Adviser
- Students’ Association Administration & Review Committee (ARC) at email@example.com
- Two training sessions will be held in November:
- Friday, November 10th at 3pm in WC 104
- Wednesday, November 15th at 6pm in Douglass 403
- General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure all completed Assessment Forms (approved by your advisor) from January 2017 to December 2017 are uploaded to your organization's Documents section on CCC. It is suggested that a folder be made for this review time period and all relevant Assessment forms placed inside the folder. The Administration & Review Committee will be reviewing each Assessment Form looking that you have held general interest meetings and that you have assessed one program, publication, competition, or community service event each semester. If your organization has committees their activities should also be documented through assessment forms.
- Complete Assessment Form and hit the Submit Button
- Receive an Approval email from advisor for Assessment Form
- Click on your profile picture. Click on "Submissions"
- Find the Assessment Form you want to upload to your organization's CCC site and click the Printer icon, then click the Print button to select “save as PDF” to your computer. When saving, give the document a name that reflects the assessment (ie. Assessment Form - Spirit Night 2018)
- Go to your organization's CCC page through the manage tab and click on "Documents"
- Step 1: Click on “Add a folder”. Title this folder “Assessment Forms 2017”.
- Step 2: ‘Permissions’ select ‘Anyone on campus’. All Assessment Forms for this review period should be added to this folder.
- Step 3: Click on "Add File"
- Step 4: Choose the PDF of the Assessment Form from your computer
- Step 5: Document Type should be "Assessment Forms"
- Step 6: ’Permissions’ select ‘Anyone on campus’
- Step 7: Click "Add"
- Repeat from step 3 for all Assessment Forms
- Make sure that all assessment forms have been uploaded to your organization’s CCC site in one folder that is made public.
- Involve your whole executive board in completing the self-report, this is not something that should be completed by one officer.
- Share your self-report with your primary advisor before submitting.