Donating to the Pantry
Operation of the campus food pantry is made possible primarily through generous donations. A monetary gift to the pantry will help us fund the following needs, and also to sustain operations for generations to come:
- On-going supplies – While we will continue to accept donations of non-perishable food items and other basic goods, monetary gifts will guarantee a steady supply food and a variety of options.
- Infrastructure – Philanthropic support will help cover the costs associated with building the pantry in a new permanent location.
- Staff Support – Our Food Pantry is made operational by a Graduate Assistant as our Food Pantry Coordinator while utilizing volunteers and leveraging existing staff for additional support. Gifts to the pantry will help fund this new GA position, and other staffing needs.
- Marketing – Your support can help us get the word out to the campus community about this important resource.
- Monetary donations can be made through University of Rochester's Crowdfunding portal: Make a monetary donation. Thank you in advance for your generous contributions and for making a direct impact on the University of Rochester student experience.
Food and Item Donations
At this point in time, The Food Pantry can only accept non-perishable food donations, brand-new toiletry and hygienic items, along with brand-new or gently used kitchen essentials. Items can be dropped off through a scheduled appointment or bought and donated through our Amazon Wish List: View the Food Pantry Amazon Wish List.
To schedule appointments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always in need of food items such as breakfast items, pasta & sauce, peanut butter & jelly, soups, and canned vegetables and fruits, as well as gluten-free and vegan options. Consider keeping your food donations healthy by choosing products that are whole grain, reduced sodium, and packaged in water/100% juice. For specific items that we are in need of, please view our Amazon Wishlist, or consider donating the needed Item(s) of the Month.
October's needed Items of the Month are dry pasta and pasta sauces.