SA Storage Policy & Procedure
A comprehensive Policy & Procedures for Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) Staff and GA's for the management of SA Student Organization Storage Spaces, including but not limited to Ruth Merrill Offices & Cabinets, Morey Shared Storage, Spurrier Storage Closets & Spurrier Limited Access Storage.
- The assigned space is to be used for the storage of your organization's materials. This space is not to be used for personal storage.
- Paint cans, spray paint, sterno, compressed gases (i.e. helium, propane, etc.) and any flammable items are PROHIBITED and will be confiscated if they are found in your assigned space. An automatic rating of Unsatisfactory will be given. Food items must be stored in sealed containers. Acrylic poster paint is permitted.
- SA Storage Contracts must be renewed at the beginning of each school year; your contract runs from July - June each year.
- Assigned spaces must be kept clean and organized. Assessments of your space will be conducted 3 times per year (July, November & March) with the Final assessment to occur prior to Final Budgeting. Your E-Board and Advisor will be notified of your rating (Satisfactory, Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory) within 7 business days following each assessment. If your space is rated Unsatisfactory during the Final assessment, your organization may be assessed a minimum fine of $50 and/or your SA Budget for the following school year may be impacted. Should your Storage Space be rated Unsatisfactory for 2 Consecutive Final assessments, your group may be required to vacate the assigned space.
- Should your organization require additional storage space a subsequent SA Storage Request must be completed via the WCSA website under Forms/SA Storage Request.
- Storage space is a privilege and is not guaranteed.
Space Specific Policies
Ruth Merrill Cabinets/Offices, Todd Offices & Spurrier Storage Closets:
- Keys are signed out in the SAAC office located in the Ruth Merrill Center by the SA Staff Accountant or the SA Office Assistant. There is a $5.00 cash deposit for each key that is issued. Keys are only distributed to members of the E-Board listed on the Campus Community Connection (CCC); with a maximum of 5 keys signed out per Organization.
- ALL Keys must be signed out and returned each year. Keys must be returned no later than May 1st or your final date of departure from campus.
- Lost or unreturned keys result in a $50 fee to the individual listed on the Key Log/Card Swipe Contract (this includes the cost of changing the lock). All keys must be returned and/or fines must be paid in full before any keys will be re-issued for the following year.
Ruth Merrill Flat File Usage:
- Use of the Flat File is assigned to Organizations that currently have cabinet space in Ruth Merrill.
- Effective Fall 2016, all supplies must be kept in the assigned cabinet or assigned Flat File drawer. Items resting on top of or beside Cabinets in Ruth Merrill will be disposed of.
Shared Storage (Morey & Prop Room):
- Morey keycard swipe access will be granted once the SA Storage Contract has been signed by a member of the E-Board and the Key Log/Card Swipe Contract has been completed.
- Swipe Access will be cleared at the end of each school year. Access shall be granted for the new school year by completing the steps above.
- Access to the Prop Room can be requested by E-Board members only, by signing out the key at the Common Connection desk.
- All items must be stored in a stackable plastic container and labeled with your Student Organization's name unless otherwise approved.
- Adding additional bins without prior authorization is prohibited.
- Removal of items that belong to a different group is prohibited.
- A toter is available in the storage room to assist with moving items, toter must be returned after use.
- Accessing the space with unauthorized individuals is prohibited.
Spurrier Limited Access Storage:
- Items stored in Spurrier should be items that are only accessed once or twice a semester.
- Accessing stored items in Spurrier Limited Access Storage requires a Staff Member or Designee to accompany the student to Spurrier.
Club Sports Field Access:
- Effective Fall 2016, keys to access the Southside Rec Field & Towers Field will be signed out via the SAAC office. Limit 1 key per organization.
- Approval for access to the fields must come directly from Jane Possee or Griffin LaDew in Athletics.
- Key A577 is for Goals & Gates, Club Sport is responsible for putting the goals back and locking them up after each use.
- Key E10 is for Lights at Southside ONLY. Club Sport is responsible for turning the light off if they turn it on.
- Issues regarding the fields (e.g. turf tears, light outages, etc.) must be reported to Jane Possee immediately by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone for Emergency’s only 585-472-0955.
- Space must be left clean and orderly. If the garbage receptacles are full, please e-mail Jane Possee to let her know.
Student Organizations will indicate a need for Storage Space on their SOAR report or via the SA Storage Request form available on the WCSA website under Forms/SA Storage Request.
Storage is given on a first come/first serve basis; new names will be added to a SA Storage waiting list.
Storage space will be assigned by SA Staff Accountant and Associate Director of Student Life Operations after the request has been reviewed. SA Storage Request should clearly indicate what will be stored in the space, how much space they need or what it will be used for. If this information is not indicated on the Request form, the Student Organization will be notified by a member of WCSA.
Once a space has been assigned, a member of the student organizations E-Board will be directed to the SAAC office to complete and sign the SA Storage Contract.
Key card access or a key will be granted once this requirement has been completed. Keys will be issued to E-Board members listed on the CCC ONLY a $5.00 cash deposit per key is required at time of pick up.
Student Organizations must indicate that they would like to keep their space on their SOAR report each year.
SA Storage Contracts are to be completed annually by a member of the E-Board (at the start of the semester prior to key pick-up). Up to 5 E-Board members may be granted access to the Storage Space.
Access to Storage Space will be granted 3 business days after each E-Board member has signed the SA Key Log/Card Swipe Contract in the SAAC office.
Assessments will be performed by the SA Office Assistant and assigned GA. Cabinet Assessments will occur 3 times each school year (July, November & March).
Assessments are based off a 3 point scale (Satisfactory, Needs Improvement & Unsatisfactory) and scores will be e-mailed to the entire E-board and the Advisor within 7 business days of the Assessment.
Prohibited items are as follows:
- Paint Cans
- Spray Paint
- Compressed gases (i.e. helium, propane, etc.)
- Flammable items
- Permitted items with Restrictions are as follows:
- Food items- must be stored in sealed containers
- Acrylic poster paint
Each May, a key inventory will be processed by the SA Office Assistant and assigned GA (keys are to be returned before Students leave campus each school year; if keys are not returned prior to student's departure, a $50 fine may be assessed).
Swipe Access will be cleared at the end of each school year.
The SAAC office will fund the purchase of storage solutions, within a reasonable amount.