Adding a New Page
You want to add a new page to your website in the WCMS.
When you add a web page in the WCMS, the page design is already built in and does not need to be changed. Your main responsibility as a contributor in the WCMS is the content in the main content area.
All websites in the WCMS have regular web pages, but some sites also have specialized pages, such as faculty directories or home pages that have a slightly different design.
To add a new web page:
- In the Asset Tree at the left, click on the folder where you want your new page to be stored
- Click on New in the top navigation bar, and select Page
- In the Display Name field, type a brief one or two word name for the page (this will be the file/system name and part of the URL)
- Add your content to the page by filling in the fields in the web form
- In the Title field, type the title that you want to appear in the browser title bar for this page
- In the Page Title field, type the title that you want to appear at the top of the content on your page
- In the WYSIWYG Content field, type the content for your page. You must press the Return or Enter key at the end. (See also the information about using the WYSIWYG field.)
- Click Submit
Your new page will be saved in the WCMS after you click Submit, but it will not appear in your website until the page is published.