Commission on Women and Gender Equity in Academia
Faculty & Student Governance
This working group is currently looking for feedback on the following:
- Where do you look for information about rules and regulations for your own experiences?
- Are there “unwritten rules” that restrict your career advancement?
- What are sources of confusion or frustration?
- What are relevant disciplinary actions for faculty in your academic unit?
- What specific roles do you think faculty should have in governance?
Share your feedback using the Share Your Input form.
This working group will review the gender equity in faculty and student governance, including (1) diversity of leadership at multiple levels, (2) procedures for appointments, review and reappointments of leaders across the academic environment, (3) procedures for changes in governance structures and involvement or representation of faculty, students and trainees in these procedures.
The Commission welcomes your input on experiences with these policies at the University and other institutions.
Vera Tilson, PhD (working group chair), Associate Professor of Operations Management, Simon Business School
Amy L. Lerner, PhD, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Hajim School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
Anne-Marie Algier, MA, EdD, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Activities, Arts, Sciences & Engineering
Nate Harris, PhD, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership, Warner School of Education
Jacqueline Tran, BA student of Anthropology, minor in Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies, School of Arts & Sciences
Nese Yildiz, PhD, Associate Professor of Economics, School of Arts & Sciences