Rochester Zoom Backgrounds
Change up your virtual meetings and classes with one of our University Zoom backgrounds. These images will fill in the space behind you when you’re using the face camera in a Zoom meeting.
There’s a bunch for you to try out—you can pick your favorite spot on campus, show your Yellowjackets pride, and more. Explore the pictures now, and click “Download” under the images you like.
New to Zoom meetings? Check out these resources.
How to Start Using a Background Image on Zoom
You can either upload a Zoom background image before your meeting starts, or set your Zoom background once you’re already in a meeting. We’d recommend uploading the image before your meeting—that way, you can preview your background without having an audience.
Uploading a Zoom Background Image Before a Meeting
- Log into the Zoom Pro Account software.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- A Settings screen will pop up. Click on “Virtual Background” on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Click the “+ Add Image” button and select the file you just downloaded. You’ll be able to preview the background, and test other background images too.
Uploading and Setting a Zoom Background When You’re in a Meeting
- Click the ^ button next to the “Stop Video” camera icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click “Choose a Virtual Background”.
- Click the “+ Add Image” button and select the file you want as your background.
You can watch the Zoom Virtual Backgrounds video for even more information.
Outdoor Campus Scenery
Indoor Campus Scenery
Logos and Marks
University of Rochester
School of Arts & Sciences
Hajim School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
Warner School of Education
Simon Business School
Eastman School of Music
New to Zoom Meetings?
If you haven’t had a virtual meeting yet, getting started is easy.
You can create a University of Rochester Zoom account by clicking here and logging in with your University or URMC credentials. From there, you can install the Zoom software here, following the steps on the page.
Find more helpful resources, and get contact information for additional support, on the University IT page.