HIGHER Conference for women in academia
The University of Rochester Institutional Office of Equity and Inclusion is proud to present the HIGHER Conference for women in academia.
HIGHER is designed to empower women in higher education to push through advancement obstacles while pulling other women up along the way.
Did you know:
- Women form the bulk of the workforce in academia but hold disproportionately low numbers of high-paying administrative or faculty positions?
- That these percentages are even lower for women of color?
- And that pay equities also worsen as women advance to higher positions?
Sept. 22, 2022
9 to 3 p.m.
University of Rochester
Overview of Conference
○ 9 AM – 9:30 AM: Welcome + Kick Off
○ 9:30am – 10:45am: Reflect Workshop
○ 11:00am – 11:20am: Inspire Speaker
- Dr. Joanne Larson
Michael W. Scandling Professor of Education
Warner Graduate School of Education and Human Development
○ 11:20am – 11:40am: Inspire Speaker
- Dr. Shelitha W. Williams
Vice President/CDO for Student & Enrollment Services
Genesee Community College
○ 11:40am – 12:00pm: Inspire Panel Q + A
○ 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch
○ 1:00pm – 1:20pm: Higher + Beyond – Resources to continue the conversation
○ 1:20pm – 2:00pm: Act Solution Workshop
○ 2:00pm – 2:20pm: Act Plan
○ 2:20pm – 2:40pm: Resources + Feedback
○ 2:40pm – 3:00pm: Closing Remarks
The HIGHER Conference offers tools to address these inequities, plan for career advancement, network with other women in higher education, and connect with mentors. Learn more about HIGHER.