Latino Professional Alliance
The mission of Latino Professional Alliance (LPA) at the University of Rochester is to build and maintain a positive work environment and to support the growth and development of Latinos/Latinas. This will be accomplished through networking, mentoring, educational and professional programs, community service, multicultural events, and diversity awareness. Each individual employed at the University of Rochester is considered a professional, and therefore, LPA aims to build an alliance among all employees in our workplace who support LPA’s mission.
Board Members and Executive Champion
LPA Membership Form
More About LPA
- Foster an environment that is supportive and respectful of all University employees.
- Connect Latino staff and faculty across the entire University.
- Support Latino employees and their associates to respond to – and resolve – issues that prevent the full use of their capabilities and/or detract from the quality of their work lives.
- Increase the visibility of Latino staff and faculty within the University community.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to the recruitment, retention and career advancement of Latino employees.
- Serve as role models to the University of Rochester community and the Greater Rochester area.
- Support the diversity mission of the University through innovative relationships with multi-cultural organizations throughout our institution and the community.
- Encourage university officials and diversity focused committees to support Latino staff and faculty through diversity programming, events, recruitment and retention.
- Network and collaborate with local Latino professional affinity groups.
- Assist in bringing/creating university-wide Latino-focused events and speakers (i.e. meeting with key university groups such as College Diversity Roundtable and planning committee for Meliora Weekend).
- Involve faculty in LPA via more specialized events (i.e. LPA poster session).
- Have more media exposure in the university and Rochester communities (i.e. UR currents, La Voz, Conxion).
- Increase membership and membership involvement (i.e. volunteers for committees, events, and meetings).
- Continue producing quality programming for the University of Rochester community.