For University staff and faculty who are interested in professional development and leadership to be valued and integrated into all aspects and levels of the University of Rochester.
- To support the growth and development of University staff and faculty
- To establish representation of young professionals within the University community that will foster and strengthen workplace effectiveness and leadership abilities; enhance professional development; and promote career growth and success within the University
- To strengthen the relationship between UR and the Rochester area through community connections
Membership in the Young Leaders @ UR is open to all staff and faculty of the University of Rochester. Events and programming generally target the young professional population, but are open to the University community. Members of the University community can register themselves as affiliates of the Young Leaders @ UR by submitting a form online. No prospective affiliate shall be refused membership based on their sex, gender, religion, age, race, or creed. All affiliates will have the opportunity to hold office and serve on committees, receive resource materials, and attend Young Leaders @ UR special events.
Young Leaders at UR Membership Form
- Connect staff and faculty across the entire University footprint to build community.
- Increase the visibility of professional development and leadership initiatives led by staff and faculty within the University community.
- Serve as role models to the University of Rochester community and the Greater Rochester area by supporting the mission of the University through innovative relationships with organizations throughout our institution and the community.
- Create opportunities for Young Leaders to interact within the University and the Greater Rochester community
- Network and collaborate with local young professional groups
- Assist in bringing/creating quality programming and university-wide professional development events for the University of Rochester community
- Increase membership and membership involvement (i.e. volunteers for committees, events, and meetings).
Board Members and Executive Champion
Anne Marie Cucci
Executive Champion Role
- Be a pillar of support for the Young Leaders @ UR
- Provide Executive review for problem resolution (as appropriate)
- Serve as an advocate for Young Leaders @ UR
- Interface with employees and employee Affinity group leadership
- Responsible for overall operations and strategic development of the organization.
- Facilitation of Executive Board and general membership meetings, ultimate collation of meeting agenda and reporting mechanisms.
- Act as liaison to the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Inclusion, the Office for Faculty Development and Diversity, and with the University community as a whole.
- To support and create professional development and networking opportunities for Young Leaders @ UR within the University community
- To increase awareness of professional development based programs or professional development opportunities
- To support and create opportunities for Young Leaders @ UR in the community
- To communicate about Young Leaders @ UR by the use of public contacts, potential newsletter activity, and diversity awareness activities
- To maintain member relations, help grow the membership, and maintain accurate membership, activity and policy records
- To help coordinate at least one event per year.
- Duties not limited to above
General membership meetings will be held at a minimum of two meetings per year. The location and time may differ, depending on availability of conference space and general consensus on meeting times. The Executive Board may call executive meetings as needed and limit attendance to itself and to those individuals it chooses to invite. Communication on the meeting venue and agenda items shall originate with the Secretary and be sent electronically to the appropriate e-mail distribution list. Special consideration shall be provided for anyone who does not have access to e-mail. Any general member can submit agenda items through the Secretary to be included in the mailing prior to the next meeting. Meetings shall be facilitated by the Chair and or Vice-Chair, Guest Speakers, or other Committee members. Minutes will be taken by the Secretary or a designee. Executive Board will hold bi-monthly meetings.
Amendments to the Bylaws
Revisions and amendments to these bylaws may be made by a two-thirds vote of the Executive Board. Copies of the proposed amendment shall be sent to each board member along with the notice of the meeting at least fifteen (15) days prior to the meeting date. If an action under a proposed amendment would be greater in scope than the proposed amendment of which the Board received notice, it may not be acted upon at such a meeting, and a new meeting must be called for this purpose. An affirmative vote of two-thirds of the board members present and voting shall be necessary to adopt any amendment or modification to these bylaws. Once changes have been adopted they can be found on the Young Leaders @ UR website.
The Young Leaders @ UR may be dissolved by an affirmative vote of seventy-five percent (75%) of the membership, with the option to be reestablished under the same guidelines or modified if necessary at any given time.