| Application Turnover
| Output Management
| System Maintenance
| Enterprise Backup]
Application Turnover - JCL Checklist
- Remove the following from RUNJCL and Procedure:
- REGION= parameter of less than 40M
- PERFORM=30 from EXEC
- VOL=REF parameter
- Q=F from RUNJCL
- Any job that initiates email from the mainframe should use VPS/Email vs. setting the SYSOUT to SMTPSRV.
- Any job that makes use of FTP should use files P.SERVER.CARDFILE and P.USERPSWD.CARDFILE to store the server name, and server userid/password, respectively. In addition, the GET/PUT commands should be copied to temporary files for concatenation with the server name and userid/passwords.
- VPS printing and/or VPS/Emailing is required for reports under 100 pages.
- Job priority must be 2 (PRTY=2) or completely removed (default is 2).
- Verify job class is correct for production.
- Check condition coding for validity.
- Check Rerun/Restart instructions. There should be instructions for a complete rerun and instructions in each step for restarting.
- Small datasets must be backed up on disk; not tape. (8900 KB/10 Cyls or less). The Daily Incrementals (ABRINCRL) will be used to restore datasets.
- Comment line with task-id, date and initials of person changing the procedure.
- “Special Instructions” should include documentation of any Cardfile parameter values, Natural logon and input parameters example. Should also contain any “special” rerun or restart instructions.
- Temporary cataloged datasets (TCDS) must be in the first and final delete steps.
- Offer CA-VIEW as an alternative to printed reports.