Medical Center and River Campus faculty, staff and students who wish to access University parking lots must register their vehicles with the Transportation and Parking Department and purchase a permit (employees must pay for their own permit). Vehicle registration can be completed online at My Parking Online a personalized and secure online service.
Through My Parking Online you can:
- Register for a parking permit
- Appeal and pay citations
- Add to lot waitlists, and
- Registering an alternate vehicle
Other Services Available Online
Employee Parking – Medical Center
Medical Center employees who wish to park on the Medical Center campus must register their vehicle through My Parking Online and purchase a permit.
Why stand in long lines waiting when you can complete parking business from the convenience of your home, office or mobile device? It’s fast, easy, and secure, and any payments are processed immediately.
Permit Holder’s Responsibility
The person whose name a vehicle is registered to at the Parking Office is held responsible for any violations involving the vehicle. It’s the permit holder’s responsibility to:
- Make the Parking Guidelines known to a person operating the registered vehicle on University property.
- Know when their permit expires or notify the office if their permit has been lost or stolen.
- Permits are only to be used on the registered vehicle. Permits cannot be transferred, altered, forged, or manipulated in any way.
Permit holders may not park vehicles in the parking lots that take up more than one space, i.e. trucks with snowplows, etc. Also, vehicles cannot be left in the parking lots for extended periods of time, such as vacations, trips out of town, etc.
My Parking Lot is Full
Employees must park in their assigned lot Monday through Friday. Download the UR Mobile app for lot availability and parking overflow in real time.Parking Availability
UR Mobile is the University’s mobile app that provides on-the-go access to lot availability, maps, bus tracking, and other resources. The app is available on iOS, and Android.
Parking at the Medical Center is permitted in:
- Your assigned parking lot
- College Town Garage after 2:00pm
- Lot 3 (Kendrick North) between 5:00pm and 6:00am Monday-Friday
- Lot 8 (Medical School/MRB) between 5:00pm and 6:00am Monday-Friday
- Hospital Garage after 6:00pm Monday-Friday on levels 4, 5, or 6 ONLY, and during weekends and University holidays
Permits are NOT valid for parking at:
- Wilmot Cancer Center
- Flaum Eye Institute
- Patient Discharge
- Kinder Care
- Emergency Department
- Strong Behavioral Health
- Musculoskeletal Lots
If you are visiting as a patient, please call the Parking Management Center at (585) 275-4524 before you arrive to be added to our exemption list for that time.
Medical Center Employee Drop Off
- School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Whipple Circle and
- Lower Golisano Children’s Hospital Loop
Please refrain from being dropped at or picked up in the Main Loop, Patient Discharge Loop or East Drive, as it poses serious safety hazards.
Please read our parking guidelines.
Employee Parking – River Campus
River Campus faculty and staff who wish to park on River Campus must register their vehicles with the Transportation and Parking Department and purchase a permit (employees must pay for their own permit). Parking is permitted in your assigned zone between 7:30am and 7:00pm Monday – Friday.
Parking at the River Campus is permitted in:
- Your assigned zone
- In any lot between 4:00pm and 7:30am
- In any lot weekends and University Holidays
Permits are NOT valid for parking in:
- Reserved spaces
- Reserved lots
Ancillary Family Parking Program
For a University faculty member, parking assistance for a temporary family need is available. For more information, contact the Parking Management Center at 275.4524.