Transportation and Parking Services has partnered with 511NY Rideshare to provide a free, interactive portal to help the University community plan better commutes, find carpool partners, and discover transit options.
Students can manage their daily campus commuting needs, arrange trips to and from home for holidays and academic breaks, and locate transportation to off-campus events. Employees can find others to share their work commute or arrange one-time rides, locate transportation, and more. Commuters can find park and ride locations and avoid traffic by using the real-time traffic map.
In addition to finding ride matches for carpools, employees and students can connect quickly to sustainable, affordable transportation, such as public transit and walking and biking routes. Bicycle commuters can find bike buddies who are interested in riding to work or school together. Users can create customized trips that find the best public transit options for commuting or traveling, including maps, using the Trip Planner.
Learn more and connect with others in the University community by registering and creating a free profile following the steps below.
How 511NY Works:
- You can sign up by going to the website on desktop:
- Create an account using Google, Twitter, Facebook, or with an email address and password. Once your account is set up, you can log in and start tracking your commute to connect with other people.
- Go to “Find a Carpool” to enter information about your typical commute, and whether you use a specific mode of transportation certain days of the week.
- Enter your commute preferences. For example, you can say whether if traveling by car you prefer to be a driver, passenger, or have no preference. You can also indicate things like whether you prefer to match with others who do not smoke or eat in the vehicle. You can also select to match with Bike Buddies who are interested in riding to work or school together.
- Under “Allow this trip to be matched by,” search and select “Others in My Organization.” This will allow you to connect with other commuters within the University community.
- Use the 511NY Mobility app if you would like to track your trips or statistics like total miles traveled, money saved, and calories burned. You can download the free app on mobile, search for “511NY Mobility” via Apple or Google Play.