Skip to main content

General Information

Insurance for Belongings

Students’ personal property brought to the University is not covered for damage or loss by the University’s insurance. We strongly suggest you review your parents’ homeowner’s insurance to determine what is covered by that policy or can be covered with a rider to that policy. Specifically review theft of your property because many policies may cover damage but not loss. The University has also identified additional sources that provide insurance coverage for residence hall students. The University usually mails this material to you during the summer. While we cannot endorse these companies, we do recommend you review all the options and obtain coverage in case your property is damaged or lost.