Skip to main content

Upperclassmen Housing

Burton and Crosby Halls

Burton Hall

Burton residence hall

Burton Hall is an upperclassmen housing facility located on the Residential Quad. Burton is a co-ed residence with four floors and has a total occupancy of 121 students, with either singles or doubles available. Each floor has two bathrooms and a kitchen with a stove and an oven. The basement floor includes a laundry room. One of Burton's special features is that each room comes equipped with its own sink.

Burton Hall is named for Professor Henry F. Burton, who was a professor of Latin and the president of the University from 1898 to 1900. In the 1920s, the west end of Burton 1 was assigned to the Men's Faculty Club. Starting in 1974 and lasting for ten years, Burton was the home of the Omega Fraternity, an offshoot of Alpha Epsilon Pi.

Crosby Hall

Crosby residence hall

Crosby Hall is an upperclassmen housing facility located on the Residential Quad. Crosby is a co-ed residence with four floors and has a total occupancy of 127 students, with either singles or doubles available. Each floor has two bathrooms and a kitchen with a stove and an oven. The basement floor includes a laundry room. One of Crosby’s special features is that each room comes equipped with its own sink.

Crosby Hall is named for George Nelson Crosby, 1841–1923, a Rochester businessman who bequeathed a substantial legacy to the University. Twin building of Burton Hall, it was dedicated in 1930 with other original River Campus buildings.

Burton and Crosby Hall Resources

Students interested in living in Burton or Crosby can use the following resources to help make their decision: