National Search: Vice President for Equity and Inclusion
The University is engaged in a national search for its first vice president for equity and inclusion. The vice president will be the University’s chief diversity officer and will establish and lead the new Office of Equity and Inclusion.
The appointment of a chief diversity office represents an important step in the University’s commitment to Meliora—becoming ever better—in fostering a climate of diversity, inclusion, equity, and engagement to build a campus community in which all can thrive.
The new vice president will report to the University president and work closely with deans and other senior leaders and campus constituencies to create, implement, and lead a University-wide diversity strategic plan that includes recruitment, training, communication, policy, and metrics. Working with campus diversity leaders, this position will help integrate this strategy with federally mandated anti-discrimination compliance.
The vice president also will:
- Promote diversity broadly defined and ensure equity across the institution.
- Foster a culture of respect and inclusion for all faculty, staff, students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Advocate for the role that diversity and equity initiatives play in achieving institutional excellence.
Diversified Search, one of the nation’s top executive recruitment firms specializing in this area, is assisting with the search process. Candidates will be evaluated and interviewed throughout the spring semester. President Designate Sarah C. Mangelsdorf, who will formally take office in summer 2019, and will be involved in the selection of the new vice president.
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but for fullest consideration, applications should be received by February 1, 2019. Applications and expressions of interest should be accompanied by a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of five references. Cover letters should address how the candidate’s experience and qualifications have prepared them for the role. Materials should be submitted electronically in confidence to RochesterVPEI@divsearch.com. For further information, please contact:
Kim M. Morrisson, Ph.D. Senior Managing Director
Euris Belle, Managing Director
Lionel Anderson, Managing Director
2005 Market Street, Suite 3300
Philadelphia, PA 19103 202-734-4876
Search and Advisory Committees
University President Richard Feldman leads the search committee, which includes faculty, staff, and students from across the University who were peer-nominated for their familiarity with the University’s initiatives in diversity and inclusion.
- Richard Feldman University President and Committee Chair
- Iltaff Bala College Class of 2020
- Kevin Beckford Director of Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Linda Chaudron Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Peter Christensen Assistant Professor of Art History, Arts, Sciences & Engineering
- Yvette Conyers Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing, Assistant Program Director, Undergraduate Programs, School of Nursing
- Maggie Cousin Assistant Vice Provost for Diversity
- Donna Brink Fox Senior Associate Dean of Academic & Student Affairs, Eastman School of Music
- Wyatte Hall Research Assistant Professor, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Myra Henry Senior Director for Administrative Services, River Campus Libraries
- Cary Jensen Assistant Vice Provost for International Advocacy and Engagement
- Monique Mendes PhD Candidate, Neuroscience, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Adrienne Morgan Assistant Dean for Medical Education Diversity and Inclusion, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Raven Osborn PhD Candidate, Translational Biomedical Science, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Elizabeth Stauderman Vice President, Communications
- Sasha Tulgan Deputy to the President, Staff to the Search Committee
Trustee and Alumni Advisory Committee
- Lance Drummond ’85S (MBA) Trustee and Chair of Advisory Committee
- Naomi M. Bergman ’85 Trustee
- H. Christopher J. Boehning ’87, ’88 (MS) Trustee
- Barbara J. Burger ’83 Trustee
- Jennifer Farmer ’99
- Neftali Morales ’12, ’13S, ’16S
- Kathleen A. Murray ’77 Trustee
- Noah Pizmony-Levy Drezner ’00
- Thomas S. Richards Trustee
- Tiffany Taylor Smith ’91