This year’s University Health Service sponsored Flu Vaccine Clinic for University of Rochester students will be held on:
- Thursday, October 14, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Goergen Athletic Center, Field House
- Library Road entrance (across from Fauver Stadium)
Flu shots are given by appointment
Please schedule an appointment through UHSConnect. If you have not registered for UHSConnect, you will need to do so before scheduling your appointment. For directions on how to register, please visit this page.
Please note essential steps to receive a flu vaccine
- Schedule an appointment through UHSConnect. See instructions at the end of this message.
- Flu Vaccine Consent forms will be available for you to complete on-site.
- Bring your Student ID.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- If you are on the student Aetna insurance plan, you can go online to download your insurance card to your phone. Click on “Get Your ID Card” for instructions.
- If you are on another insurance plan (your parent’s or your spouse’s plan), please bring your card or a picture of your card on your phone. You will need to provide the insurance holder’s date of birth.
- The flu shot is covered in full for all active members of the UR student health insurance plan (Aetna) and generally covered in full by most private insurance plans. Contact your insurance plan directly for specific coverage details.
Due to current staffing constraints, UHS is not able to host a flu clinic for faculty or staff this year and encourage employees to get their flu vaccine through a local pharmacy or through your primary care provider.
Eastman School of Music students are encouraged to schedule as well, however, we will be holding a flu clinic the week of October 18th at that location – more information to follow.
Instructions to schedule your flu vaccine appointment
To schedule your appointment please log on to the patient portal, UHSConnect
After logging on to UHSConnect, click on “Appt. Scheduling” and then “Schedule Appt.” to schedule an appointment. You will first need to READ and ACCEPT the Terms of Service.
- Select October 14 – October 14 in the Date From and Date To fields.
- Click on Flu Vaccine Clinic – River Campus as the Reason for Appointment.
- Click Search.
- Schedule your appointment by clicking on one of the appointments listed on the right side of the screen.
- Click Confirm to schedule your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment, click on “Appt Scheduling” and then “View Appts”; click on the appropriate appointment to cancel. You can then schedule a new appointment date/time.
New to UHSConnect?
Students who have not previously registered for UHSConnect should click “Register” and enter their student ID number in the space for the UHSConnect ID and use their UR email address in all lowercase. Please also make sure your answer to the security question is 6 characters or longer. You will receive an email containing a link to set your password. The link is valid for 20 minutes.
Students who have previously registered for UHSConnect should continue to use the same UHSConnect ID number and email address to log in.