University Health Service (UHS)
Personal Health Care
For Residents and Fellows
Residents and fellows employed by the University, and their spouses, are welcome to choose a physician as their primary care physician (PCP) at University Health Service (UHS). The University Health Service offers a full range of personal health care services, including the evaluation and treatment of medical conditions, management of chronic medical problems, women's health care, treatment for illnesses and injuries, allergy injections, immunizations, first aid care, blood pressure checks, and care and advice for any health concern. All visits to UHS are confidential.
Benefits of Having a Primary Care Physician at UHS
- Full range of primary care services – preventive, acute and chronic care management.
- Access to care 24 hours a day (physician on call when UHS offices are closed)
- Same-day appointments for urgent concerns
- Evening appointments during the school year at our River Campus Office
- Availability of a registered nurse to answer health concerns by phone
- Offices located in the University of Rochester Medical Center and the University of Rochester River Campus. (Free parking next to the UHS Building on the River Campus.)
- Expert physicians who are board certified in Internal Medicine and Family Medicine and members of the URMC Faculty.
- Participation in all Rochester area insurance plans
- Allergy injections
- Travel medicine and immunizations
- Confidential medical records – UHS has its own electronic medical record and does not use eRecord.
Registering as a UHS patient
If you would like to come to UHS for personal health care, a UHS staff physician will be your primary care provider (PCP). Call 585-275-2638 or e-mail email@example.com to register in the practice.
Accessing Care at UHS
Once registered, call 585-275-2662 to schedule an appointment at any office during routine daily hours, generally 8 am to 5 pm. For urgent concerns after hours, call 585-275-2662 to access the physician on call.