University Health Service (UHS)
Health Promotion Office
Students Wanting Alcohol Responsibly Monitored
What is SWARM?
- SWARM is a program designed to help raise awareness on campus through the use of social norms and a bystander idea.
- SWARM encourages students and staff to make an intentional decision to intervene in a situation that has the potential to be risky, dangerous, unhealthy, or an emergency.
- To promote awareness on campus.
- To help students realize that they can drink safely!
- To educate others about policies and norms at UR.
- To stop dangerous situations before they get worse!
SWARM Training Dates – Fall 2016 Semester
Trainings will be offered on Monday and Wednesday evenings beginning Monday, October 17. Training sessions are two hours long.
- Mondays, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Mondays, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Wednesdays, 8:30-10:30 pm
Pre-registration is required. E-mail Arlita Gleichman at email@example.com to register for SWARM training.
Find additional resources and links at: