As Functional Leads continue to discover new vocabulary terms, they will add them to the Data Cookbook Glossary accessible on the left navigation of this site. Below is a short list of new terms used on this project.
Academic Level (Division)
- This includes division 1, 2, or 3 in SIS (UG, Grad, Med, ECMS). There are many more levels in UR Student to assist with administration of programs.
- Refers to Term/Semester/Quarter. These are dynamic dates.
Academic Units (AUs): This refers to schools, colleges and departments designed within the UR Student system. To give you an idea of how they will function, those with the appropriate security can use AUs to:
- Assign faculty to teach a course section
- Facilitate a system workflow and assignment of duties
- Run reports by any AU (e.g. report enrollment by school, by team, and by course)
AUs can specify which units can do the following in UR Student:
- Administer financial aid
- Offer courses and programs of study
- Admit students
- Allow students to know all the schools they belong to at a glance
- Used any time a student has to be attached to an advisor and to group students by attributes for which there is not a field in WD
- A collection of reports tailored to the user or role
- System-based guardrails to enforce policies
- A search where the end user has the ability to identify particular criteria for a population.
- The process of moving students from Applicant to Student stage that creates the academic record for the student. Note: Students can have multiple academic records, each associated with one or more Programs of Study that support a distinct educational objective.
- Targeted communications for new and returning students to ensure that tasks and other necessary documentation are completed (FERPA, Financial Responsibility Agreement, etc.).
Program of Study:
- Program of Study represents the educational objectives offered at a University. For example, a Biology Major through which a student can achieve a Bachelor of Science Degree. Programs of Study also govern the academic requirements for students; academic policies that apply to students; and the educational credentials students can earn.
- An instance system environment of UR Student (Workday) where project design and testing work is done. There are several tenants the project team uses for Conversions, Configuration, Integrations, etc.. This will combine into a production build for go live.