If there’s one thing that’s certain about replacing a 30+ year old legacy system, it is that doing so will change the way we work. Once we go live with UR Student, there will be system updates implemented twice a year that introduce new system capabilities and enhancements to existing features / functionality. The UR Student support team will be evaluating new functionality, and preparing and testing each version, before they are introduced into production. New features will be communicated via regular newsletters and special interest group meetings.
Academic Units (AUs): This refers to schools, colleges and departments designed within the UR Student system.
To give you an idea of how they will function, those with the appropriate security can use AUs to:
- Assign faculty to teach a course section
- Facilitate a system workflow and assignment of duties
- Run reports by any AU (e.g. report enrollment by school, by term, and by course)
Academic Units also can specify which units can do the following in UR Student:
- Administer financial aid
- Offer courses and programs of study
- Admit students
- Allow students to know all the schools they belong to at a glance (see image below for student’s view in the system)
Keep an eye on UR Student News!
You’ll find all of the latest information on our system’s features via regular newsletters and special interest group meetings.