Office of Human Resources
Well-U Champions represent a wide spectrum of University of Rochester employees and serve as liaisons between Well-U and University departments. Well-U Champions are primarily responsible for promoting wellness programs to their coworkers, and also play an important role in communicating employee needs and feedback to the Well-U team. Please check with your supervisor before becoming a Champion.
The primary role of Well-U Champions is to enthusiastically promote wellness programs within their department and to encourage participation.
Anticipated Time Commitment
One to two hours per month for at least a one-year period.
- Distribute promotional materials on upcoming wellness programs and events
- Announce wellness programs during staff meetings
- Create a "Health & Wellness Space" or small separate bulletin board with information about wellness and upcoming programs
- Encourage co-workers to get involved with wellness events
- Bring feedback and requests from coworkers to Well-U staff
- Attend quarterly Well-U Champion events
- Optional: Using Well-U tools and resources, promote and lead walking groups
Become a Champion
Does all of this sound good to you? Sign up to become a Well-U Champion on the enrollment page, then start making your department a better and healthier place to work!
Upcoming Champion Event:
Champion Stress-Free Zone and Thank You Lunch – Attend the Well-U Champion event on July 20th from 12-1 p.m. in College Town (44 Celebration Drive, room 2007) for a chance to destress with therapy dogs, relaxing music, adult coloring, stress ball making, and food! If you plan to attend and have not yet RSVPed, either RSVP through the invitation you received by email, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you will be in attendance.