Rochester Parents Fund
Message from the Dean of the College
As Dean of the College, I would like to personally invite you to participate in the Rochester Parents Fund. Through this unrestricted fund, you are able to support programs that strengthen and deepen the student experience with new initiatives each year. Past Parents Fund gifts have helped support the Collegiate Readership Program, provide Internet access kiosks around campus, and support travel to workshops and conferences.
- The Parents Fund continues to support a range of student initiatives including:
- creating new opportunities to complete independent advanced research
- encouraging students to study abroad by providing grants to defray extra expenses
- providing academic support through the Center for Workshop Education
We hope you will support the Rochester Parents Fund with a gift when a student calls you in the near future. There is no better way to demonstrate that you believe in the benefits of your child’s Rochester experience.
Thank you for considering a gift to the University of Rochester. A gift to the college is a gift to inspire the mind of your student.
Richard Feldman, Dean of the College
About the Parents Fund
Your gift to the Parents Fund of the College will:
- Recruit and retain the best faculty – Faculty are an integral part of a student’s educational experience. The University of Rochester has over 1,200 tenure-track faculty members currently working at the University encouraging and collaborating with students.
- Update learning technology – Technology is a rapidly growing and changing field, and it is important for the students that the University stays on the cutting edge of the new technological developments. With over 15 computer labs on campus and more classrooms becoming “smart” classrooms (with projectors, media equipment, computer ports, etc.), contributions from the Parents Fund help to continue the advancement of technology at the University of Rochester.
- Improve the campus – Maintaining the University campus is of critical importance, too. The Parents Fund covers everything from keeping facilities clean to keeping the heat going during the cold Rochester winters.
- Fund special projects and initiatives – The Dean of the College uses the Parents Fund to support projects of utmost importance from trips off campus to student activities/clubs to the introduction of new and exciting courses.
How do you make a gift to the Parents Fund of the College?
- By mail: Make check payable to the University of Rochester and in the memo section write “Parents Fund” Mail to: University of Rochester, Gift Office, P.O. Box 270032, Rochester, NY 14627-0032
- Make a gift by phone: (800) 333-0175
Senior Paver Program
Engraved paver bricks are available to help you show pride in your senior student’s accomplishments at the University of Rochester. These 4” x 9” bricks are custom engraved and installed in Dandelion Square, just outside the Goergen Athletic Center. Gifts of $500 or more to the Rochester Parents Fund provides a paver brick for your graduate and at the same time supports many of the projects and programs that make the University of Rochester unique. Help your special graduate leave his/her mark on campus with a senior paver.
Please click here to provide your information and gift by February 22, 2013 to ensure your paver is installed by commencement weekend.
Contact Darlene Schuler at (800) 333-0175 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What size gifts are needed?
- Every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference ($25, $100, $500, $1000 every gift counts)
- Parents Council $1,500+
- George Eastman Circle Gift Recognition levels
- FOUNDERS $50,000+
- PATRONS $25,000–49,000
- BENEFACTORS $10,000–24,999
- FELLOWS $5,000–9,999
- MEMBERS $1,500–4,999
If you have any questions, please contact the Parents Program Office:
Phone: (585) 276-4075