Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is invited to the Volunteers in Partnership Conference?
The Volunteers in Partnership (VIP) Conference is just one part of an important ongoing dialogue we maintain with all of our volunteers. Our program offering has been designed to be most relevant to active volunteers in one (or more) of our key programs within the University. While formal invitations were sent accordingly, any volunteer who is interested in attending is welcome to join us.
I attended the conference in 2016. What’s different this time?
The inaugural VIP Conference was designed to engage in two-way dialogue and idea generation that would help guide the future work of Advancement and Alumni Relations programming. At that time, a number of key volunteer programs were new initiatives. Whereas the 2016 conference centered significantly on planning, the 2018 conference will emphasize the development of skills and highlight opportunities for volunteer growth and development. Our commitment to sharing experiences and perspectives and two-way dialogue remains.
What information will the conference cover?
- Program-specific sessions that take a deep dive into skills and resources, such as a demonstration of our new career network platform, information for admissions interviewers, and more.
- Skills-specific sessions that include practical information relevant to many volunteers such as philanthropy best practices, and basic social media tips.
- Personal development sessions that prepare attendees for success beyond their volunteer roles with the University and focus on topics such as overcoming implicit bias and working through challenging conversations.
How often does the conference occur?
The VIP Conference is offered every two years, during even years (e.g. 2016, 2018). Our next conference will take place in 2020. Our next conference will take place in 2020; dates will be shared when they are available.
Is there a registration fee for the Conference?
No! We are pleased to offer the VIP Conference without a registration fee. All meals during conference events on Friday and Saturday are complimentary. Attendees are asked to cover expenses related to their travel, including hotel accommodations.
Where is the conference held?
The conference is held on the River Campus at the University of Rochester.
When does registration close? How do I register?
- Registration closes on March 16
- conference Website: rochester.edu/urvip18
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-MELIORA (635-4672)