The University of Rochester’s new volunteer-led Women’s Network has a mission to harness and celebrate the rich contributions of women around the globe who are part of the University of Rochester family. Through dynamic programming and engaging conversations, the Network will help members connect and support one another.
Guided by the spirit of Meliora and open to all, our values are strong, our community is vibrant, and our commitment to each other runs deep. We know we can achieve great things—together.
As societal pressures continue to grow, and the complexities, stresses, and expectations of everyday life affect success at school, on the job, and in relationships with loved ones and friends, the need for mental health and counseling services has increased dramatically. Help Rochester address the growing need for high-quality mental health services with a gift to the Psychiatry Annual Fund, Suicide Prevention, the Mobile Crisis Team Support Fund, or the CARE Network.
We invite you to take an even more active role in our community. Together, we can do more, change more, and inspire more. With your support, we can:
• Harness ideas and actions that will foster the personal and professional growth of our members
• Develop programs, events, and activities that will inspire and enrich us all
• Create distinct opportunities to hear more women’s voices, to engage the leadership of women, and to foster equitable and inclusive communities
• Channel our collective philanthropic resources to advocate for the causes that matter to us the most, from student support to career and leadership development to innovation across academic disciplines and beyond
○ Consider a gift to our Women’s Network Scholarship to help support students with financial need, who demonstrate excellent character, and whose background advances the University’s goal of having a more diverse student body.
Metro New York City
Leadership: Barbara Grossman Berger ’77, P’10 and Lousia Liu ’10
Leadership: Radhika Dewan Fliegel ’03, Wallis Nash ’15, Lingyu Liu ’10
Leadership: Marcia Mantell ’83 and Sara Halton ’04
Leadership: Renee Bell ’95 and Antra Ziedins-Gilbank ’98
Women in Medicine
Leadership: Allison Ramsey ’05M (MD), ’08M (RES), ’11M (FLW) and Heidi Schwarz ’83M (MD), ’89M (RES), P’11
We consider everyone a member of the Women’s Network—all women are welcome.
• Connections: Take part in our networking, professional, and social activities
• Supportive educational programs: Learn and grow with us through in-person and virtual programs
• Exclusive opportunities: Join us at special virtual events and regional pre-receptions, including future Meliora Weekends and Volunteers in Partnership Leadership conferences, and get special access to virtual networking opportunities within The Meliora Collective Women’s Network group.
This first-year, first-generation student was drawn to Rochester’s mission: to make the world ever better
This first-year student is making the most out of her college experience
From theater to medicine—this first-generation student is pursing it all
The CARE Network enables members of the University community to express concern about a person, incident, or issue by submitting a report online. A small, private group of campus liaisons – the CARE team – responds to these referrals and ensures that students in or heading toward distress have access to the resources and services they need to thrive.
These videos exemplify the values of the volunteer-led Women’s Network. Through dynamic programming and engaging conversations, the Network helps members connect and support one another.
For more information about joining the Women’s Network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to participate and you’re not sure if this applies to you, contact us.