The University is planning to hold in-person Commencement ceremonies as soon as it is feasible and safe to do so. This website will be updated with more information and details around Commencement ceremonies as they become available.
On May 15 the University conferred degrees to graduating students in a video message from President Sarah C. Mangelsdorf on the Class of 2020 degree conferral website. The video message is available online and can be viewed at your convenience.
The website also includes:
- A special video message from Sarah C. Mangelsdorf, President and G. Robert Witmer, Jr. University Professor
- Written remarks from Richard Handler, Chair of the Board of Trustees, University of Rochester
- A video message from Charles Schumer, United States Senator for New York
- A video message from Kathleen Hochul, Lieutenant Governor of New York
- A link to this year’s honorary degrees, medals, and teaching awards recipients
- Links to searchable lists of graduating students by school
Degree-granting schools and units are celebrating graduates with special recorded presentations that you can view at your convenience.