The Winter Stay period has been divided into two parts:
The short-term stay is designed for students who would benefit from remaining on-campus for the remainder of the fall semester.
The long-term stay is for students who require living accommodations until the beginning of the spring semester. Note that those staying on campus either short- or long-term will learn remotely over this period; there will be no in-person class meetings.
- Short Term stay: November 25 – December 19, 2020
- Long Term Stay: November 25 – January 22, 2021
Students requesting either Winter Stay option are subject to the following conditions:
- Students will not be charged an additional fee for housing over Winter Stay.
- Students will be responsible for charges associated with declining balances and meal plans. See section below for details.
- Students must stay within the 100-mile radius as defined by University policy for the fall term. This includes during the holidays. If a student does leave, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon return. This policy as well as other University and residential life COVID related policies remain in place for the duration of Winter Stay.
- Students agree to remain in their current housing locations for the Winter Stay period except for Eastman students who relocated to assigned rooms on the River Campus on November 25, 2020. Students are not allowed to temporarily move to another student’s suite or apartment.
- Current COVID-19 protocols for de-densifying, distancing and masking remain in place for this period.
Updated 12/15 Students remaining on campus for the winter can find support and connect through the UR Winter Survivors Facebook group. A newsletter with updates, resources, and events will be sent via email on Sundays starting December 20. Students staying on campus for the long stay will automatically receive this publication, but anyone can subscribe. For updates and more information, visit the Winter Session website.
The Greene Center for Career Education and Connections is also there for students over Winter Break. If you are looking for something to do during this time, the center has some ideas for you to explore. If you’d like to talk through some of these options, brainstorm ideas, or discuss your interests, advisors are available for 1:1 appointments, Monday through Friday.