University health officials are strongly encouraging all students, faculty, and staff to get a flu shot this fall, and University Health Service (UHS) will again host several vaccination clinics on River Campus and at the Eastman School in October. Due to the impact of flu-like symptoms on the demand for isolation housing among students who live in residence halls, UHS will offer flu vaccines first to the student population, and then later in October to faculty and staff.
Faculty and staff who wish to be vaccinated sooner are encouraged to go to one of the many walk-in options now available at pharmacies such as CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, Wegmans, and the Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy, or get vaccinated through their primary care physician.
Given UHS’s continuing efforts to COVID-test hundreds of students each week through its surveillance program, any reduction in the overall number of faculty and staff needing to receive their flu shot on campus would greatly help UHS manage its staffing needs and allow the focus to be on ensuring as many students as possible get vaccinated this season.
Attending any of these clinics listed below requires making an advance appointment. Find full details online. All of the River Campus clinics are at the Goergen Athletic Center.
For full-time students only; appointment needed:
- Tuesday, October 6, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 7, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 14, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 20, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 21, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 21, 1 to 4 p.m. at the Eastman School of Music
For faculty and staff only; appointment needed:
- Thursday, October 22, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Eastman School of Music.
Flu vaccinations are available for Medical Center employees, students, and volunteers through URMC Employee Health. Here’s a list of clinics for the Medical Center community.